- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GUSKDQ2″ locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Bradley Heavy Duty Snow Tube[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000AX24HE” locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Flexible Flyer Steel Runner Sled[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000VN21T4″ locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Zipfy Mini Luge Snow Sled[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00H4CS8AG” locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Mad River Rocket Stinger Junior Snow Sled[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01M9F5LQW” locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Slippery Racer Downhill Xtreme Winter Toboggan Snow Sled[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0006N8WYM” locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Flexible Flyer Steel Saucer[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000ZKPHDU” locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Terrain Sport Sled[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0006N8YQS” locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Flexible Flyer Snow Screamer[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00RM253U6″ locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Slippery Racer Downhill Sprinter Winter Toboggan Snow Sled[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B001NDIZIM” locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Paricon Flying Saucer Sled (3-Pack)[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B009PXJH66″ locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]Lucky Bums Snow Kids Toboggan Sled[/easyazon_link]
Whether traveling to a popular ski resort or just to a popular neighborhood park after a fresh snow storm, sleds provide fun for everyone in the family. Instead of spending your time sorting through hundreds of choices, we’ve considered the most popular options and ranked the best sleds for 2017.
Our selections include a wide range of options from snow sleds for first timers all the way to a few more advanced options best suited for more experienced sledders. We ranked the best sleds below and include a more detailed review below our rankings.
Snow tubes offer a smooth, fun ride down any hill and are great for all ages. This heavy duty snow tube includes an easy tow strap and two separate handles to hold on when sledding down the hill. This is a great lightweight option for all ages.
- Available in 12 colors.
- Great for snow in the winter and a pool or lake in the summer.
- Easy to pull back up the hill with the included tow strap.
If your interested in a classic sled great for both adults and kids, consider this steel runner sled. This is the classic sled that reminds everyone of the Christmas season. Perfect size for up to two riders. A solid sled constructed with birch wood and steel for that symbolic sled right out of your favorite Christmas card.
- Sized for adults and kids 5 years and above.
- Steering bar comes with pre-drilled holes to attach rope.
- Accommodates up to 2 riders.
If your looking for something a little unique, the Zipfy makes a great option. At first glance, the Zipfy doesn’t look like a sled at all. Well, don’t let looks fool you. Riders sit down on the longer side and control the sled using the lever that looks like a joy stick.
The multi functional lever makes it easier to turn and steady the sled when in motion. For speed control, simply lower your heels to reduce the speed or bring the sled to a complete halt. Easily control your direction down the hill by leaning with the turn and holding the handle. Designed to carry up to 250lbs, this sled can comfortably accommodate riders of all ages.
- Designed for riders aged 6 and up.
- Unique freestyle design allows riders to easily control the direction by leaning into the desired direction.
- No more lugging a heavy sled up a hill, this sled weighs less than 4 pounds.
- Available in 5 different colors.
- Although it looks small, this lightweight sled holds riders up to 250 pounds.
For a really unique sledding experience, there’s nothing quite like the Mad River Rocket. This sled offers two sizes, a larger, Killer B size for adults, and a smaller stinger size for riders under 100 pounds. The sled’s unique design allows for enhanced control and maneuverability. Riders kneel on the padded sled and steer by leaning with your body and hands.
- This sled is an ideal option for more experienced riders looking for a little extra speed and maneuverability.
- Available in two sizes: Killer B for adults and the smaller stinger for kids.
- Lightweight design.
If your looking for a fun, lightweight, option that’s great for all ages, this toboggan snow sled makes a great choice. This classic sled weighs less than 8 pounds and holds up to 3 riders. This is a great choice for first time sledders aged 4 and above. The included rope makes it easy to pull back up the hill all day long.
- Comes with 2 sleds and available in multiple color options.
- Lightweight and easy to control.
- Fits up to 3 riders.
- Perfect for riders of any age or experience level.
Fresh snow was never so exciting. This sled is a great option for beginners or anyone who enjoys a lightweight, easy to use sled. Spend hours gliding down that powdery snow on your saucer shaped sled. With an extra coating on the bottom, this sled offers a fun, slick ride on all types of snow. The saucer includes two rope handles for stability while riding. The bright red powder coated paint makes it easy to spot on the white snow.
- Easy to use and perfect for all ages.
- Lightweight design and easy to carry.
- Classic saucer shape with bright red design that makes it easy to see even from the top of the hill.
This sled offers a heavy duty design that doubles as a classic snow sled as well as being more than capable of carrying extra supplies over the snow. Just tie the rope to an ATV or snowmobile and you have a great option for hauling extra firewood or supplies.
- Heavy duty sled that can be tied to an ATV or snowmobile for hauling extra items in the snow.
- Classic snow sled great for all ages.
For a fun sled with a unique design, the Flexible Flyer Snow Screamer really stands out. This sled includes two foam handles with space for up to two riders. The lightweight, foam design offers a speedy ride down any hill. At just 3 pounds, you won’t have to worry about hauling this sled back up the hill.
- Great for all ages and experience levels starting at age 5 and up.
- Bright colorful design, easy to find from a distance.
- Space for up to two riders.
The Slippery Racer Toboggan sled offers a solid design that’s great for all ages and experience levels. Slippery Racer offers two versions of the popular toboggan sled. This version is more modestly priced and offers the more traditional boxy design with space for up to two riders. The Downhill Xtreme version referenced above offers a more modern curved design.
- Great option for all ages.
- Available as a pair and offered in multiple colors.
- Included rope makes it easy to pull it up hills.
For a great kid friendly option, this simple flying saucer makes a great choice. This snow sled was designed for ages 3 and up and offers a simple, clean, and basic design. These sleds make a great choice as a first sled or even as a solid option for the young at heart.
- Great choice for first time sledders.
- Available in multiple colors.
- Easy to use and lightweight.
For a classic toboggan that holds up to two riders, consider this sled. This is an easy to use sled that includes a rope for effortless hauling back up the hill. This is a great starter sled that is lightweight and easy to control.
- Recommended for kids aged 3 to 15.
- Available in 6 different colors.
- Easy to use and easy to pull right back up the hill.
Note: The First Class Travel Guide is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
The affiliate links on this page add no additional cost to your product, but it does help to keep this blog sustainable.