After Landing in Frankfurt, I headed towards immigration and baggage claim. I picked up my luggage and started looking for signs to the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge.
Finding the Lounge
The Welcome Lounge is open to customers flying on Lufthansa intercontinental flights in either business or first class. There are no signs for the lounge in the baggage claim area. As soon as you exit baggage claim, look for the bright orange Lufthansa sign leading to the Welcome Lounge.
The lounge is located directly outside of baggage claim, at the very edge of baggage claim A. Since the lounge caters to international travelers arriving after overnight flights, the lounge operates with hours starting at 5am to 12:30pm.
- Location: Frankfurt International Airport, outside of baggage claim B.
- Hours: 5am to 12:30pm
- Access: Business or First Class passengers arriving on an intercontinental flight.
- How I Accessed: Lufthansa first class flight from Hong Kong.
Welcome Lounge Layout
The Welcome Lounge is composed of two floors. The first floor includes the main dining area, an office area with desk space, electrical outlets sized to accommodate a variety of international standards, and a general seating area with a large flat screen TV. The downstairs area includes private shower facilities.
After a 12 hour flight from Hong Kong, my first stop was downstairs to the showers. The showers are staffed with two employees that give out shower assignments and coordinate cleaning. I was assigned shower room 23. The shower room was immaculate. Each shower room includes a full bathroom and sink with a mirror. A hot shower was ideal after such a long flight.
After I finished with the shower, I headed upstairs to check out the breakfast buffet. Although not extensive, the buffet offered a variety of solid German breakfast staples including bacon, eggs, and pasties. Wifi inside the lounge was very fast at 7.86 Mbs during my visit.
- High quality shower facilities
- Plenty of available showers and no wait when I visited.
- High quality continental breakfast with a variety of choices.
- Good quality free Wifi with speeds of 7.85 Mbps.
- Even though the lounge is relatively small, it never felt overly crowded.
- Even though I flew first class on Lufthansa, none of the flight attendants mentioned the Welcome Lounge. If I didn’t already know about the lounge, I wouldn’t have realized I could use it.
If your flying business or first class on Lufthansa into the Frankfurt airport, it is definitely worthwhile to stop at the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge. The shower facilities are clean and well maintained. A hot shower after a long flight is a great way to start your day.