I visited the Admirals Club in terminal A east of the Philadelphia Airport in mid October. The Admirals Club is located near gates A4 and A6 in terminal A east in the Philadelphia Airport.
Look for the entrance to the Admirals Club by the large windows near the back of the terminal. The Admirals Club is actually one level below the terminal A boarding gates. Open the club door and follow the winding staircase one level down to the check-in desk.
- Location: Philadelphia Airport Terminal A East between gates A4 and A6.
- Hours: Open daily from 4:30 am to 8:30 pm.
- Cost: $59 with a day pass or free with an admirals club membership.
- Free Access: Citi AA Chairman Credit Card, Citi Prestige Credit Card (when flying on American Airlines flight paid for with the Prestige*), Business or First Class customers traveling on American Airline partner airlines.
- How I accessed: Citi Prestige credit card.
*Citi Prestige American Airlines lounge benefit will be discontinued starting in July 2017.
The front desk was staffed by three agents. Make sure to inquire about any flight changes you might need to make or upgrades at the lounge check-in area. The lounge agents often pull a few strings to help out customers using the lounge.
The terminal A East Admirals Club has a compact, rectangular shape. The bar and food area is located at the far end of the lounge. The main seating area is arranged in squares on the left side of the lounge. A small group of tables and chairs are located in the center of the lounge.
When I visited the lounge, the crowd was relatively light. So it was easy to find a seat with plenty of space in between customers. I found the lounge to be clean and quiet. American does a really good job of maintaining similar standards at all of their lounges in the Philadelphia airport.
Distance to other Terminals
The terminal A East Admirals Club is smaller than the larger Admirals Clubs located in Terminal B/C and terminal F, but bigger than the United Club.
Keep in mind the terminal A lounge could get crowded during peak hours due to its smaller size. The Admirals Club in terminal B/C is the largest Admirals Club in the Philadelphia Airport and its only a 10 minute walk from terminal A.
As a reference, the Philadelphia Airport operates a shuttle to terminal F. The shuttle picks up customers near terminal A1 and in terminal B/C. So its relatively easy to move from one Admirals Club to another club. Just make sure you give yourself extra time if you move in between terminals.
- The lounge offers free tablets with internet access.
- Plenty of comfortable seating with electrical outlets.
- Clean and well maintained.
- Smaller sized Admirals Club than the clubs in terminals B/C and F.
The Terminal A East Admirals Club is a smaller sized Admirals Club with the same consistent amenities offered at the larger Admirals Clubs in Terminal B/C and F. If your flying out of Terminal A, it is worthwhile to use the club if you have access. In cases when the club gets crowded, take the airport shuttle to one of the terminals with a larger Admirals Club.