RTIC carved out a unique and innovative line of coolers designed for the premium quality segment of the cooler market. The company created a line of high quality, roto-molded coolers with the ability to keep ice for days at a time instead of for just hours. What’s really impressive about these coolers is that they are priced to be more competitive with the run of the mill coolers sold by the large big box retailers.
RTIC’s high quality coolers easily compete with the some of the most high quality premium cooler brands on the market like Yeti, but cost almost half as much. We have reviewed the best RTIC coolers and prepared a buyer guide highlighting the best options within each major product category.
We selected our top choices below. Our buyers guide includes a review of each of these choices as well as an overview of RTIC and the key features and benefits of each cooler option.
Where to Buy RTIC Coolers?
The secret to RTIC’s premium quality products and pricing at nearly 50% of what other high quality coolers cost, is the company’s direct to consumer business model. RTIC coolers can not be purchased at traditional big box retailers like walmart and target.
By foregoing the traditional retail distribution network, RTIC saves significant money marketing its products. In turn, RTIC passes those savings on to its customers by reducing the price of its premium coolers and dramatically undercutting its competitors’ pricing.
With a direct to consumer model, RTIC focuses on the quality of its products instead of the marketing of its product. As a result, RTIC’s most popular products like the [easyazon_link identifier=”B019D9HESO” locale=”US” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″]RTIC Tumbler[/easyazon_link] are only available online.
The company offers two major categories of coolers: Roto Molded Coolers and Soft Pack Coolers.
Roto Molded Cooler Features
Roto molded coolers represent RTIC’s premium cooler product line. Roto molded coolers are designed for extreme ice retention and enhanced durability. RTIC’s roto molded coolers include the following features:
- Ice retention for up to 10 Days – Ice retention supported by 2 inches of commercial grade polyurethane foam insulation.
- Heavy Duty T Latches – Non-corrosive, all weather, heavy duty latches to preserve your stored contents from the elements.
- Molded Tie Down Slots – Two integrated slots on either side of the cooler which make it simple to secure your cooler to a truck bed, trailer, or boat.
- Freezer Grade Gasket – The top lid of each cooler includes a built-in freezer gasket that locks in the cool inside your cooler. Almost like carrying a portable freezer.
- Non Slip Feet – Non rubberized feet on the bottom of the cooler prevent the cooler from sliding off your boat or truck bed.
- Easy Flow Drain Spout and Rapid V-Drain System – Fully insulated drain plug to let water out through the integrated V-Drain system which quickly and easily drains all excess water from the cooler.
Soft Pack Cooler Features
RTIC soft pack coolers are designed as high quality personal coolers perfect for tailgating, fishing, boating, camping, or for outdoor workers.
- Closed cell insulation designed to keep ice for up to 5 days.
- Waterproof material with antimicrobial lining.
- Lightweight yet still durable.
- No sweat exterior.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”120″ identifier=”B01LYFEWQ0″ locale=”US” src=”https://thefirstclasstravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/31NLi0C0wCL.SL160-1.jpg” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″ width=”160″]
If you need a heavy duty cooler with plenty of extra capacity, the RTIC 65 provides a great option. With a volume of 65 quarts and an ability to preserve ice for as long as ten days, this is the ideal companion for your lengthy camping, fishing, and hunting trips.
- Available in tan or white.
- Maintains ice for up to ten days.
- Holds up to 64 cans.
- Large enough for extended outdoor trips.
- Rotomolded body and handles.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”B01M1COH5Z” locale=”US” src=”https://thefirstclasstravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/51oJs7Tm4L.SL160.jpg” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″ width=”160″]
If you are going on a family picnic, taking a road trip, fishing, spending the afternoon on your boat, or tailgating with friends before the game, the RTIC 30 Soft Pack makes a great choice. This 5.5 gallon cooler can accommodate up to 30 cans of beverages or 30 pounds of ice. Waterproof, leakproof, and sweatproof, it maintains ice up to five days by means of two inches of closed-cell insulation in the lid and one inch in each side.
The RTIC 30 Soft Pack is covered with very hardy nylon, strong enough to withstand damage from sharp objects, and treated so that it will not fade. It is also equipped with convenient handles on all four sides and a removable shoulder strap, which make it extremely simple to transport.
- Available in grey or camo colors.
- Space for up to 30 cans with ice.
- Constructed with thick closed-cell insulation.
- Preserves ice up to five days.
- Waterproof, sweat-proof, and leak-proof.
Mid Sized Choice
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”B01M1OJO3B” locale=”US” src=”https://thefirstclasstravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/41dOPgEyZuL.SL160-1.jpg” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″ width=”160″]
If you need a high quality cooler with plenty of extra capacity, the RTIC 45 makes a great option. This mid size, 45-quart cooler offers heavy duty construction with exceptional durability. Its rotomolded body and handles make it exceptionally robust, and its rugged T-latches and built-in lock ensure secure closure.
In addition to these features, the RTIC 45 adds commercial-grade insulation as thick as three inches, an impenetrable seal, and the ability to preserve ice for up to ten days. The non-skid lid can even serve as a cutting board.
- Great for hunters, boaters, fisherman, and tailgating.
- Maintains ice for up to 10 days.
- Rotomolded body and handles.
- Built-in lock.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”149″ identifier=”B01M0PF0Z2″ locale=”US” src=”https://thefirstclasstravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/31eD14awOL.SL160.jpg” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″ width=”160″]
If your activities require easy portability, the RTIC 20 makes a great choice. The locking stainless steel handle and 20-quart capacity make transportation simple. Small enough for a golf cart, canoe, or car, it is the perfect size for daily or weekend use. The RTIC 20 is constructed with commercial-grade insulation to keep its contents chilled up to ten days, and a built-in lock secures the cooler from unwanted intrusion.
- Holds up to 24 cans.
- Ideal for small spaces and short trips.
- Rotomolded exterior.
- Keeps ice for up to ten days.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”B019D9HESO” locale=”US” src=”https://thefirstclasstravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/31o0goKiYL.SL160.jpg” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″ width=”149″]
The RTIC Tumbler makes a great choice for commuters. The tumbler is designed to keep external temperatures out and internal temperatures, whether hot or cold, in. Ice can remain in the sealed tumbler for up to 24 hours and your hot drinks will retain their heat far longer than in a traditional cup or mug.
Because of the heavy duty design, the outer surface of the Tumbler is unaffected by the contents. So your hands won’t get too cold or too hot while holding it. Since the Tumbler’s heavy duty design prevents condensation, you can set it directly on any surface without fear of causing damage. To increase its convenience, the tumbler design slims towards the bottom for ease of holding and to accommodate cup holders.
- No more cold or hot hands with the double wall vacuum insulation.
- Available in 4 different sizes (10, 12, 20, and 30 ounces) and 6 different colors.
- Formed specially to facilitate grip and to fit in cup holders
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”135″ identifier=”B01M25RFD1″ locale=”US” src=”https://thefirstclasstravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/51bNaOPEBlL.SL160.jpg” tag=”thefirclatrag-20″ width=”160″]
With RTIC’s soft Lunch Pack, you’ll never have to worry about keeping your lunch cold. The Lunch Pack offers a lightweight structure, efficient design, and small but ample size. Its special closed-cell insulation, measuring two inches at the thickest point, preserves ice for as many as three days while keeping the exterior of the cooler dry. When ice does melt, the watertight zipper keeps the liquid contained inside.
The lining of the RTIC Lunch Pack is specially designed to keep mold from growing, and the strong exterior fabric is waterproof and tearproof. You can carry ice and six cans or bottles in the 5.5 quart Lunch Pack, making it the perfect size for lunch and a few drinks.
- Holds up to 6 cans and ice.
- Heavy duty, foam insulation can preserve ice for up to three days.
- Leak-proof design with antimicrobial liner to prevent mildew.
For additional information of coolers see the following resources:
Note: The First Class Travel Guide is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
The affiliate links on this page add no additional cost to your product, but it does help to keep this site sustainable.