I visited the Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge in early July after checking out of the Grand Hyatt Singapore. The Silver Kris lounge is located in terminal 3 on level 3 of the Singapore Changi Airport.
The KrisFlyer Gold lounge is located directly next to the SilverKris lounge in terminal 3 (another gold lounge is located in terminal 2 of the Changi airport). Access to the KrisFlyer Gold lounge is available to KrisFlyer Elite Gold members flying in economy. The KrisFlyer Gold lounge is open 24 hours a day.
- Location: Singapore Airport, terminal 3, level 3 near gate E.
- Hours: 24 hours for business class lounge, 5am to 10pm for the first class lounge section.
- How I accessed: business class ticket with Singapore Airlines.
The SilverKris lounge in Singapore represents Singapore Airline’s premiere airport lounge. Dim lighting inside the lounge provides a relaxing mood. The entrance to the SilverKris lounge splits into two separate rooms, one for business class customers and one for first class customers.
The business class section opens into a vast rectangular room separated into various square sections. Each of the squared sections included flat screen TV’s playing news and sports from around the world surrounded by leather couches. I took a walk through the full lounge space to see where the best seating might be. It took a good ten minutes just to walk through the full space.
One of the best features of the lounge was the bar and buffet area. The bar was stocked with premium liquor, beer, and wine. A large variety of non-alcoholic drinks were available including premium tea and coffee options.
The food options at the buffet included Singapore cuisine as well as a variety of western food options. The buffet included a wide range of deserts and fruits.
The SilverKris lounge in Singapore is the best business class airport lounge I’ve visited to date. The lounge had a clean, modern layout with plenty of premium food and beverage options. The lounge area was massive with plenty of comfortable seating with available electrical outlets. I highly recommend stopping by the SilverKris lounge if you have access. I would rate the SilverKris lounge second only to the ultra luxurious Etihad first class lounge and spa in Abu Dhabi.
- The lounge is so large that I can’t conceive of an open seat not being available.
- Food and drink options were extensive.
- Modern high end decor.
- Singapore Airline’s employees are well known for exceptional customer service. The staff inside the SilverKris lounge followed the same high standards.
- The first class section of the lounge is not available to business class customers.