I visited the Singapore Airlines Silver Kris lounge at the Sydney airport in late July. After checking out of the Park Hyatt Sydney, I took a taxi to the Sydney airport. Unfortunately Singapore Airlines does not offer car service for business class travelers like Etihad’s chauffeur service. The Singapore Airlines Silver Kris lounge is located in Terminal C of the Sydney airport on level 3.
- Location: Sydney airport, terminal C, level 3
- Hours: 5 am to 7pm
- Access: KrisFlyer Gold members, Star Alliance Gold members, passengers traveling in business class or first class, members of the United Club or holders of the United Mileage Plus Club Card.
- How I accessed: business class ticket with Singapore Airlines.
I stopped into the Silver Kris Singapore Airlines lounge in July on my way to Singapore. The lounge is located in terminal C of the Sydney airport. Terminal C opens into a small courtyard with a number of luxury and duty free stores. Just look for an escalator to the next floor to find the lounge. Signs for the Silver Kris lounge were easy to see throughout the airport after passing security and immigration.
The entrance to the lounge is a narrow hallway with multiple conference rooms on the left. At the end of the hallway, the Silver Kris lounge opens into a much larger rectangular room. Beverage and buffet stations are in the right corner of the lounge. Food options are fairly extensive and ranged from lighter salad and fruit options to full meals with a variety of Asian specialty foods.
Immediately behind the buffet station was an extensive selection of soft drinks, coffee, and alcoholic drinks. There were so many options that it was hard to choose something. I eventually opted for a Tiger beer since I was headed to Asia.
The inside of the lounge is far larger than its appearance from the outside. The main rectangular seating area included a large number of comfortable chairs with plenty of open electrical outlets to charge electronics. Multiple flat screen TV’s displaying international news programs were evenly spaced throughout the lounge seating area.
- Large lounge with plenty of comfortable seating and electrical outlets.
- Multiple high quality food and drink options.
- Singapore Airlines always has very high levels of customer service.
- The WiFi internet speed was not as fast as other lounges I’ve visited.
I really enjoyed the Singapore Airlines Silver Kris lounge in Sydney. Although the Silver Kris lounge is not as flashy as the Etihad Arrivals Lounge or the Etihad First Class Lounge in Abu Dhabi, it is a high quality, comfortable lounge, with great service and attention to detail. If your passing through the Sydney airport and you have access to the lounge, I strongly suggest stopping inside the Silver Kris lounge in the Sydney airport.