As a business traveler, do you often look for better ways to navigate the airport? Long lines, crowds, and slow security checkpoints can be an ongoing frustration. SwissGear, the makers of the genuine Swiss Army Knife, developed a line of luggage specifically for the business traveler. Their luggage includes durable, easy-to-maneuver suitcases, backpacks, and carrying cases designed to get you security and TSA checkpoints with ease.
We reviewed each option by major product category and selected the 9 best options.
SuitcaseMeyrin 24.5″ Expandable Spinner Suitcase
This SwissGear expandable spinner works very well for short business trips. It is on the small side for a checked bag, but the size and lightweight features help keep it under the 50-pound limit that many airlines have. It is constructed out of durable polyester fabric. The handle is made of aircraft grade aluminum. With a locking telescopic push button, it is easy to pull or push.
- Four 360-degree lightweight spinner wheels.
- Easy lifting and carrying with lightweight reinforced top and side handles and an integrated bottom handle.
- Ability to expand an additional 1.5” for extra packing.
The SwissGear Meyrin represents a durable, lightweight suitcase that works well for short business trips.
Laptop Backpack1900 Scansmart TSA Laptop Backpack
For the traveler looking to get through airport security with minimal hassle, SwissGear’s ScanSmart backpack is the ideal piece of luggage. It is specifically designed for transporting electronics through the airport. The unique design allows laptop-in-case scanning when going through TSA x-ray machines. It also includes a patented Floating TabletSafe tablet pocket to protect iPads and other tablets while traveling.
- Quick access laptop compartment.
- Multiple pockets for plenty of organization.
- Ergonomically contoured shoulder straps.
The ScanSmart backpack includes plenty of room and organizational features for electronics and any other items you wish to carry on. It is specifically designed to help you maneuver airport lines and security with minimal inconvenience.
Carry On LuggageWiese 20 Inch Hardside Spinner Suitcase
This 20-inch hardside spinner is small enough to carry-on and extremely durable. It is constructed out of lightweight polycarbonate material and includes plenty of room inside. This suitcase also includes an integrated TSA approved combination lock for security and protection.
- Organized interior with zippered divider and pockets, and two adjustable compression straps.
- Telescopic aircraft grade aluminum handle that is lightweight and strong.
- Multi-directional spinner wheels that provide maximum maneuverability.
This hardside spinner suitcase makes a great choice for anyone who makes frequent trips and does not want to wait for checked baggage.
HardsideWiese 28 Inch Hardside Spinner Suitcase
Like its smaller counterpart, SwissGear’s 28-inch hardside spinner is designed with a polycarbonate exterior that is extremely durable yet lightweight. For security, it includes a TSA approved lock and fits plenty of clothes for longer trips out of town. The interior offers zippered pockets and dividers to help organize clothing and other belongings.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver for a larger suitcase.
- Great value for its moderate price.
- Locking handle that is easy to pull or push.
With its sturdy outer shell and spacious interior, this is the ideal bag for anyone who travels often or for extended periods of time and needs to pack lots of clothing or gear.
BackpackSA1923 Black TSA Friendly ScanSmart Computer Backpack
This SwissGear backpack offers a similar design to help travelers navigate airport security easily. It has a compartment specifically for laptops. The compartment offers easy access for security to scan it. In fact, it doesn’t even have to be removed from the backpack. This backpack fits most 15-inch laptops and has plenty of room for belongings.
- Spacious interior that fits both belongings and binders.
- Organizer pockets to hold media, sunglasses, and water bottle.
- Hassle-free airport security checks with built-in computer compartment.
Whether you are looking for a bag to carry all your belongings for short trip, or need one that can transport your computer and work documents on the plane, this backpack will get the job done.
SpinnerTravel Gear 24″ Exp. Spinner Upright
SwissGear’s 24″ Expandable Spinner includes durable polyester that is resistant to both scuffs and tears. It is easy to get around the airport because of its 360-degree spinning wheels and telescoping locking handle. This spinner includes adjustable tie-down straps to keep clothes in place and expands for an additional 1.5” of packing space.
- Zippered wet bag to keep liquid toiletries.
- Organizational features including two front pockets and a large zippered interior mesh pocket.
- Reinforced and padded top and side grab handles plus an integrated bottom handle.
Business travelers searching for a sturdy bag that provides both functionality and organization will like the SwissGear Travel Gear 24” Spinner.
Messenger BagSA8733 15-Inch TSA Messenger Bag
This messenger bag provides an alternative to the backpack for traveling with a laptop, tablets and other gear. It can hold most 15-inch laptops and includes ScanSmart technology which allows you to pass through airport security with ease.
- Comfortable padded shoulder strap and handle.
- Plenty of storage and organization including zippered pockets.
- Multi-functional ability as both a briefcase and laptop bag.
SwissGear’s messenger bag is comfortable to carry, easy to take through TSA checkpoints, and can hold your laptop and all your business documents.
BriefcaseWenger The Insight 16-Inch Laptop Case
Designed to transport electronics with ease, this Wenger SwissGear laptop case represents a great bag for business travelers. The laptop case includes SwissGear’s TSA-friendly computer compartment so that you are not held up in the security lines. It also offers a comfortable, reinforced ergonomic handle and tear-resistant shoulder strap.
- Roomy interior and compartments that fit a 15.6” laptop, tablet, and other gear.
- Strong and sturdy zippers that hold up during extensive traveling.
- Easy to carry with reinforced trolley strap and ergonomic features.
This laptop case is sturdy enough to survive a busy travel schedule yet stylish enough to take to a board meeting.
Duffel BagBMW Luggage 18″ Carry-All Duffel
This duffel bag is durable and modern. It is lightweight and can hold enough for a one to three-day trip. The duffel bag is constructed of 1265 Denier Nylon, which is a tough nylon fabric originally designed for the flak jackets worn by WWII airmen.
- Large opening makes it easy to load and unload belongings.
- Internal slip pocket for extra storage.
- Easy to transport with webbing carry handles that have a magnetic leather wrap.
The BMW Luggage duffel by SwissGear represents a functional, durable, and stylish choice for business travelers.
Note: The First Class Travel Guide is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
The affiliate links on this page add no additional cost to your product, but it does help to keep this blog sustainable.