I visited the VIP Lounge in terminal 2 of the Los Cabos international airport in December. The Los Cabos airport has two separate airport terminals. Each terminal has a single VIP Lounge. No other airport lounges from any of the major airlines operate in the Los Cabos airport.
The VIP Lounge is part of the Priority Pass network of lounges. Access is free for Priority Pass members. Day passes cost $27.
- Location: San Jose International airport Terminal 2 near gate 8.
- Hours: Opens 2 hours before the first flight and closes after the last departure of the day.
- Cost: $27 for a day pass.
- Free Access: Priority Pass membership, lounge key, diners club, and various credit cards with Priority Pass memberships.
- How I accessed: Priority Pass membership.
Other than the Louis Tavern first class lounge in Bangkok, the VIP Lounge is the largest Priority Pass lounge I’ve visited. The VIP Lounge includes two levels.
Customers enter the lounge on the first floor. Signs for the VIP Lounge are visible throughout the airport. The first floor level includes a small bar with tables and chairs and a larger seating area with plenty of electrical outlets on the floor.
The first floor lounge includes a large TV and flight information monitor above the bar seating area. The bar serves light snacks and a variety of soft drinks, beer, wine, and mixed drinks.
VIP Lounge Los Cabos 2nd Floor
The 2nd floor level is accessible by an elevator or stairs located in the back corner of the lounge. When I visited the lounge, the staff informed me that the 2nd floor level opens at 11am. However, as the lower level became more crowded, the staff opened the 2nd level 30 minutes early.
The 2nd level floor is nearly twice as large as the first floor. The main bar with a seating area occupies the center of the floor. Two separate large seating areas occupy the left and the right side of the main bar area.
VIP Lounge Amenities
Additional amenities on the 2nd floor include a glass enclosed meeting space, spa and massage room, and a separate kids area with a TV and pool table.
- Large lounge with plenty of space and amenities.
- Modern design, clean, and well maintained.
- Really nice views of the airport runway and surrounding landscape from the 2nd floor windows.
- 2nd level doesn’t open until 11 am.
- The VIP Lounge is the only airport lounge option in the Los Cabos airport.
I was impressed with the VIP Lounge. It was much larger and nicer than I expected. In fact, I would say this was among the best Priority Pass lounges I’ve visited.
Terminal 2 in the Los Cabos airport is relatively small with only 8 gates. As a result, the airport gets very crowded. Although its the only lounge in the airport, the VIP Lounge represents a great way to escape the crowded airport. For non Priority Pass members, the $27 day pass cost is cheaper than a day pass at the major airline branded lounges which can range from $50 to $60 for a day pass.