I visited the Wingtips Lounge at the JFK airport in early June. The Wingtips Lounge is part of the Priority Pass lounge network.
- Location: New York JFK airport terminal 4
- Hours: 24 hours a day
- Access: $27 for a day pass or free with Priority Pass or Lounge Key membership.
- How I Accessed: Priority Pass Membership
I arrived at New York JFK airport for an Emirates business class flight. When I flew Emirates first class last year from JFK, I had to go through the regular and long, security line because Emirates didn’t have access to TSA pre-check.
This year, I was happily surprised when the desk agent asked if I have TSA pre-check. The security line looked long and unpleasant, so it was a real relief to use pre-check. I passed through security in less than 10 minutes. With nearly 2 and a half hours to spare, I decided to stop into the Wingtips lounge before moving on to the Emirates lounge.
The Wingtips Lounge is located immediately past security on the 2nd floor. Just make a right turn after security and walk down to the end of the hall.
The lounge as much larger than I expected from the outside. The Wingtips lounge sports a long, rectangular shape with large floor to ceiling windows facing the tarmac. I was inside the lounge in the morning and natural light filled the room.
Major amenities inside the lounge include:
- Self service light snack and drink bar.
- Free Wifi.
- Dining room seating as well as extensive lounge seating spaced evenly throughout.
- Free newspapers and magazines.
- Nice design with plenty of seating and space.
- Clean lounge with staff visibly cleaning and keeping things orderly.
- Plenty of natural light with nice views of the nearby planes on the runway.
- The lounge was busy, but it never felt over-crowded due to the large layout.
- Access for Priority Pass members can be restricted between 7pm and 1am if the lounge gets too crowded.
The Wingtips Lounge is a nice medium sized lounge with 24 hour access. Priority Pass members potentially can be restricted between 7pm and 1am due to crowding. However the lounge offers a fair amount of space which limits this possibility to periods with extra heavy traffic.